Posts Tagged calcium absorption
Posted by in Vitamins on October 6, 2011
It is very important to understand that vitamin k2 is important to make your bones stronger. It helps the bone and bone marrow easily get in the Calcium that it craves to make healthy bones. The mechanism is simple. Vitamin K helps in manufacturing a healthy bone building protein called osteocalcin protein.
The reason vitamin K is so important for bone health is because it would help with osteocalcin production, and would help with inhibiting osteoclasts production. Osteoclasts are the ones that break down the bone.
Many patients with Crohn’s disease and other chronic gastrointestinal diseases have problems with bone health, bone density and Calcium absorption. Especially those patients had same therapy with steroids like prednisone and others. Good quality vitamin K supplement may really be helpful for these types of patients.
Benefits of Vitamin K
1. Improves your heart health
2. Improves your memory
3. Improves bone health so you build strong bones and keep them strong
4. Helps improve and support skin
5. Helps with your vascular system
6. Helps calcium better absorb into your system
7. Boosts your overall immune system health
8. May help in maintain normal blood sugar levels
9. Has antioxidant benefits and protect your cells against oxidative damage
You could get vitamin k benefits from food containing but would it be enough? It all depends on your digestive system. Does it have good, healthy intestinal absorption? Are you consuming enough good quality oils with every meal to absorb a good amount of vitamin K? I did not thinks so. Then you know what to do.
Vitamin K Benefits
Everything you need to know about vitamin K benefits.