Archive for category Adolescent Health Care
Posted by in Adolescent Health Care on December 21, 2011
The first antenatal visit is the best time to establish baseline data. A thorough assessment of the reproductive system should be included. As with other body systems, this assessment depends on an accurate history and a thorough physical examination.
Share and share alike
Remember to keep the woman informed about assessment findings. Sharing this information with her may help her to comply with health care recommendations and encourage her to seek additional information about any problems or questions that she has later in the pregnancy.
Information obtained from the woman’s health history helps establish baseline data, which can be used to plan health-promotion strategies for every subsequent visit and identify potential complications. The health history you conduct should be extensive. Be sure to include biographic data, information on the client’s nutritional status, a medical history, a family history, a gynaecologic history and an obstetric history. Read the rest of this entry »
Posted by in Adolescent Health Care on November 23, 2011
The adolescent period is a developmental period which involves various physical and biological changes. During this period the teens feel pressured and stressed. Majority of adolescent make their transition and become mature without much difficulty.
Research shows that around 80% of them pass adulthood without much difficulty, while the remaining 20% face many difficulties like family problems, unwanted relationships, educational pressures, depression, etc.
The teens possess an “I don’t care” attitude during this stage, which alarms most parents. The feeling of helplessness drives the parent’s anger. The child starts to build up their own identity as they step into adolescent. And they do everything to make you realize that they do not need you anymore.
Can any one of you say you have never made a mistake while handling your teenage child? Have you never lost your temper? Read the rest of this entry »